Important Update: You will now be able to request your accommodations to apply to specific classes. As a result, you will need to request a new letter each semester.
Once you have been formally approved for accommodations by a member of the SAEO team, you may request a copy of your accommodation letter. In this request, you will be able to select which accommodations you would like to apply to each of your classes. We will then email a copy of your letter directly to your official VCU e-mail. It will then be your responsibility to provide your instructor with the accommodation letter as soon as possible (ideally the first week of the semester). We also encourage you to make an appointment to discuss your accommodations with your instructors to work out any important details and arrangements. We encourage you to distribute your accommodation letter to your instructors during the first week of classes. Please keep in mind, accommodations are never retroactive and will go into effect only after sharing your letter with your instructors.
- Log in to the Student Accommodate Portal.
- On the left-hand side of the webpage click on “Accommodation”.
- On the left-hand side of the webpage click on “Request Letter”.
- Click on the “Add New” button.
- From the “Semester” drop-down menu, click on the appropriate semester that you are requesting an accommodation letter.
- Click on the button “Submit For All Accommodations.” You can also choose to “Review The Renewal” before hitting the submit button.