TAC For Students
- SAEO Testing Accommodations apply to all timed quizzes, tests, and exams.
- SAEO office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. TAC closes at 5 p.m. and all tests will be collected at that time.
- If your class is testing online, you do not need to schedule your exam with SAEO.
- Students should discuss the parameters of each quiz/test/exam with their professors prior to scheduling with SAEO.
- In-person quizzes/tests/exams should be scheduled at least 1 week in advance (2 weeks for final exams) in order to ensure space is available and there is time to contact your professors for testing materials and instructions.
- Please see below for instructions on scheduling your exam with Accommodate.
- SAEO may not be able to proctor quizzes/tests/exams that have not been scheduled in advance.
- You should always be testing the same day and time as your class. However, if you have a scheduling conflict (i.e. back-to-back classes, or an evening class that falls outside of our office hours), please contact your professor for permission to test on an alternate date/time.
- Once your appointment request has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email detailing your appointment date, time, and location.
- Your professor will then be contacted for testing materials and instructions and SAEO will coordinate the return of those materials as well.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please provide at least 24-hour notice by contacting SAEO by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (804-828-2253).
Student Accommodate Login Portal
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to schedule your exams in the Testing Access Center if you have been approved for testing accommodations.
- Log into the Student Accommodate Portal.
- On the left hand side of the webpage click on “Testing Request”.
- Scroll down the page and click on “New Test Request”.
- Click on the drop down menu for courses and select the class that you would like to schedule your test for.
- Click on the “Check Availability” button.
- Select the date range of your test. Unless you have already discussed an alternate date with your instructor, you should select the same date your class is taking this test.
- Select a time for the “Time Range” in which you are trying to schedule your test. Unless you have already discussed an alternate time with your instructor, you should select a time as close to the classes start time as possible.
- Check ‘yes’ or ‘no’ if this is a Final Exam.
- If you do not need the full allotted time for this test, check ‘yes’ to override and reduce the length of time you will have to take your exam. Otherwise, click ‘no’.
- Select the Building as “Testing Access Center”.
- Select the “Specific Accommodations” that you would like to be applied to your test. By clicking on the arrow on the right you will be given a drop down list of testing accommodations that you would like applied to your test.
- Depending on your approved accommodations, you will see either “Reduced Distraction” or “Private Room”. Be sure to select the appropriate room to reserve a space.
- Indicate the Day of the Week that your exam is being proctored.
- If your professor has uploaded a test to the system you can click on the drop down section in “Exam” and select the test. If there is no drop down section you can leave it blank.
- Click on the “Refine my Results” button.
- On the right hand side a list of dates and times will appear. This is where you will officially select your test appointment.
- Fill in the requested information to confirm the test request.
- Click the blue button at the bottom that says “Submit Request”.
- You will then get an email that your test is now “pending”.
- Once your test has been “approved” you will get a confirmation email with the date and time of your test.
- Log into the Student Accommodate Portal.
- On the left-hand side click on “Testing Request”.
- On the right-hand side where your “Approved Booking Requests” are located find that test that you would like to cancel. Click on the 3 vertical dots.
- Click “Cancel”.
- A box will pop up saying, “Are you sure you want to delete this entry? This cannot be undone.” Click “OK”.
- In order to reschedule the canceled test follow the “How to Request a Test Appointment” Guide.